Monday, November 12, 2007

Manitoba Edublogercon



Next week something special is coming to town. The first Manitoba Edubloggercon. I am looking forward to being there with other bloggers Darren, Clarence, John and Dean (he isn’t from Manitoba but he brought his Sask “green screen” with him).

As of last count over 50 people had signed up to come and chat and talk about 21st Century learning. Some of us will have 6 minutes to give a brief presentation. I am looking forward to creating the perfect 360!! I will not be long winded but I will blow the roof down with my enthusiasm.


The Academy Bar and Grill is going to be the host of this inaugural event. As luck will have it ….hmm it is only 2 blocks from my house. Whoopie.. Oh yeah I promised Dean I would pick him up. Guess I will not be walking!

The edublogger community isn’t very large right now in Manitoba. After Thursday night it will be getting a little bit larger.

See you then.


3 comments:

Alec Couros said...

This really makes me drool, but I just won't be able to make it ... really disappointing.

I hope it goes well, sounds like so much fun.

Anonymous said...

I'll likely take a cab to the event but perhaps a ride to my hotel after???

Should be a blast

Graham Wegner said...

Chris, you may not have huge numbers of edubloggers (but 50 people attending is pretty impressive) but the quality of who you have is world class. The model you guys are using will be worth watching to be copied and tweaked for local edtech conferences all around the world. I say, take your bicycle and offer Dean a lift on the handlebars back to his hotel!!