Friday, February 01, 2008

Alatoba07 February 1st

Our second collaboration went today. This time Chrystal and I decided to test out Elluminate's Academic version. This allows you to use Elluminate with most of the bells and whistles except the recording feature.

There were some issues because we decided to video and audio through skype and it bonked on us a couple of times. It was nice to have it there for back channels though.

The problem was to do this from The Man Who Counted. I had created a slidecast at slideshare a few weeks ago. The student then had time to work on the problem and then share their work on the elluminate white boards.





This part of the collaboration was excellent. With both of us being moderators we could manipulate the white boards and have them at our disposal. The kids enjoyed this part too. The could see the writing going on the boards from 2500 kilometers away.

This still wasn't the perfect fit. I have 3 fifteen minute screen captures sitting on my desktop at school and they will be too bi9 to upload anywhere. I will have to import them into imovie and then split them up.

Actually I slimmed them down and uploaded them to viddler. You can also see them here at the Alatoba wikisite. I just love viddler because you can leave comments behind at all of the videos. It is a mini pop up video. Please leae comments behind.

On the bright side I was able to get ustream to work at school and this means that the next session on February 19th will be streamed. much better for all I hope.

Thanks for reading and I hope you will try collaboration out.

No comments: