Pay it Forward
On behalf of all of your Grade 8 Teachers I would like to thank you for making the Christmas season Happier for so many people. You rallied the school and we donated over $500 in pennies to Pennies to Heaven. We collected 8 full garbage bags of winter clothing and filled Mr. Penner's truck with items for the Christmas Cheer board. Your pamphlets, posters and assemblies made the difference this year. So once again THANK YOU.
Now for your next assignment.
Pay It Forward. We watched the movie on Friday and you were given the task to "Pay It Forward" over the break. You will create a blog post showing what you did. You can upload a picture or movie of your "Pay It Forward" action.
Both the picture and movie upload buttons can be found on the toolbar at blogger. You do not need to upload to youtube.
You need to label your post payitforward and complete the following questions in the body of the post:
- After viewing the movie Pay It Forward you are being asked to do the same. Think of ONE act of kindness you would like to do for either a person youknow or a stranger. the goal is to make a difference in someone's life. Think about the following steps:
- Who are you going to help?
- What are you going to do?
- Where are you going to do this?
- When are you going to do this?
You then will place the picture or movie following that paragraph.
Finally I would like you to use the following questions to reflect on your "Pay it Forward" action.
These questions will help you create a second paragraph.
- What happened?
- How did you feel?
- How did the person/people react?
- Did you ask the person/people involved to "Pay it Forward"?How did the person/people react to this?
- If you did not ask the person/people to "Pay It Forward", how come?
- Can one person make a difference?